Le seul forum francophone 100% réservé à la préparation des Minis

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  GalerieGalerie  CharteCharte  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Italian job 2009

2 participants
AuteurMessage
David b
David b

Italian job 2009 Empty
MessageSujet: Italian job 2009   Italian job 2009 EmptyLun 15 Déc 2008 - 1:48

ils passent peu etre pres de chez vous Wink

Hi there,

2009 sees the 50th anniversary of the Mini as well as the 40th anniversary of the release of a classic film,
The Italian Job.

I am organising a Tour of most of the film locations used in and around Turin.

Below is a rough itinerary of next years Tour.
2009 will be the 6th tour I have organised these Tours and have a wealth of knowledge regarding the film and its locations.

Rough Itinerary 2009.

Tuesday 28th July.
Meet in Dover and catch the Norfolk Line ferry to Dunkerque at 17.00, arrive at 19.30 (one hour forward). Drive to the Formula I hotel. 4 Rue Francois Arago, Saint Pol-sur-Mer, Dunkerque 59430.
7 miles.

Wednesday 29th July.
Up at 8ish, breakfast and on our way by 9.00. Leave Dunkerque on the motorway, heading toward Lille. Then on towards Cambrai and then to Rheims, stopping for lunch. Then head towards St Dizier, then onto to Chaumont, staying at the Formula 1 hotel, 21 Route De Neuilly Chaumont. 52000. In the evening go out for a meal at the Hotel Grand Vec, (Texas Bar) and then onto the bowling alley for a couple of games and a few beers.
325 miles.

Thursday 30th July.
Up at 8ish, breakfast and on our way by 9.00. Leave Chaumont and head towards Langres, then to Besancon, . Leave Besancon and head towards Polighy, turning off onto the N 5 towards Geneva. This year we will divert around Geneva and end up on the N 205 towards Chamonix. Through the Mont Blanc tunnel into Italy, purchasing a return ticket (45.00 Euro’s) Just into Italy is the Hotel Aigle, Cormayeur. After a lovely 5 course meal, sit on the balcony, have a relaxing beer or two and enjoy the scenic view of Mont Blanc.
275 miles.

Friday 31st July.
After breakfast, we visit a local hypermarket and purchase provisions for lunch. Then it is onto the first of the film locations, the scene where the orange Miura crashes in the tunnel, then onto the scene where Professor Peach picks the flowers, and this is also the location where all the vehicles meet up and go their separate ways and where they dump the “Dormobile” and get into the coach. Then it is up the St Bernard Pass to the scenes where the opening credits where filmed, and see where the 3 Mini’s were “pushed” out of the back of the coach, stop for a bite to eat near the top, and then drive south on the motorway (toll is 15 Euro’s) to Turin, staying at a the 4 star Lingotto Hotel (Old Fiat Factory with the test track on the roof) for 3 nights.

In the evenings you are free to do your own thing, sight seeing etc. (it is still light till about 9.30.)
150 miles.

Over the weekend visit (on foot) most of the locations used in Turin.
On Sunday morning we will use our cars to visit some of the locations on the edge of town, the old Fiat factory where the Mini’s did the 60 foot jump, the deleted scenes at the ice skating rink, the hide out and where the mini’s exited the sewer.

Monday 3rd August.
After breakfast, leave Turin after buying provisions for lunch, and head back towards France, but first we visit the “cliff hanger scene”, filmed a mile and a half above sea level, up the Col De Nivolet. We will stop here for lunch and enjoy the scenery. The view is breath taking and I have saved the best until last……… Then head to Cormayeur and stay at the Hotel Aigle again.
140 miles.

Tuesday 4th August.
After breakfast at 8ish, we will head back into France, through the Mont Blanc tunnel and retrace our steps and finish up at Formula 1 Hotel in Chaumont. In the evening go out for a meal and maybe visit the bowling alley for a game of snooker or bowling and have a beer or two……..
275 miles.

Wednesday 5th August.
After breakfast, we must be on our way by 9.00. re-tracing our way back to Dunkerque, IF we are running late we will have to use the motorway toll roads to make up time ( anything up to 45 Euro’s) and catch the 18.30 ferry back to Blighty. Arrive in England and make your way home, after saying your goodbyes.
325 miles.

Thursday 6th August.
Some may opt to stay another night at the Formula 1 Hotel in Dunkerque. (Those living north of Watford) We will then catch the 10 am ferry and have the rest of the day to make our own way home……….
Total mileage abroad is about 1600.

A deposit of £100 per person is required by the 31st January 2009, so that I can book the ferry at a discount price. A further £250-300 will be due at the end of April to pay for the hotels (I will not know the exact amount until then, hotel costs, Euro exchange rate etc).

If you have any further information regarding the Tour, please do not hesitate to call or E mail me.
01636 659570 Answerphone.
07951016925 T Mobile.
steven.edmonds@ntlworld.com
www.italianjobtours.com
This site is under construction, but there is a link to video of a recent Tour you can watch.

Cheers Steve.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Fefeu52
Gros con en chef
Gros con en chef
Fefeu52

Italian job 2009 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Italian job 2009   Italian job 2009 EmptyLun 15 Déc 2008 - 7:18

Ils dorment à Chaumont, seul problème, c'est un mercredi et c'est 1 semaine avant l'IMM, donc je ne pense pas que je serai dispo ...

http://www.mini52.com

Italian job 2009
Page 1 sur 1